SOCIAL MEDIA + EMAIL COORDINATOR | TORONTO
Exciting. Challenging. Rewarding.
We are growing and looking for top talent here at Marketplace Events!
Marketplace Events is currently hiring a Social Media + Email Coordinator to work alongside our Social Media Manager in Toronto. If you are part writer and part explorer of the Internet,
a strategic thinker who loves to stand out from the crowd while understanding how a thoughtful and relevant strategy can translate into networking for success, apply today.
This position will focus on leveraging and growing current social
media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) to take our 75 events to the next level in social engagement. In addition, this role will be responsible for coordinating consumer email campaigns and content updates across multiple show websites.
Reporting to the Social Media Manager and working with the Marketplace Events Digital Department, this role coordinates with senior management, internal members of the marketing team, sales teams, and external partners.
Social Media + Email Coordinator position is a mix of content creation, design, and strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of events and projects, working with several departments across Marketplace Events.
Part content editor and part social butterfly, you are the voice of the brand and work to deepen relationships with the audience. Some of your social duties will include:
• Creating a social content schedule for our Shows
• Supporting our Show Teams as they monitor our social channels, build our social presence, and connect with our audience through Social Customer Service
• Working with local
PR agencies on blog posts and social content
• Implementing social advertising and contests
• Tracking and maintaining yearly reports across all social channels to monitor growth
As a engaging writer with an eye for design, you’ll be supporting our Shows by creating and deploying B2C emails. Some of your duties will include:
• Working with Show Managers to develop email copy
• Creating & sending email campaigns using Acoustic (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation)
• Assisting in building an opt-in e-database – ideas to generate subscriptions
• Tracking and maintaining yearly reports on ticket sales, delivery, open, click-through, unsubscribe rates
WEBSITE + DIGITAL MARKETING:
Using your writing skills and interest in home décor, gardening, weddings, and/or the holidays, you’ll help to create blog content and update our websites. Some of your duties will include:
• Assisting with website copy writing, updates and changes
• Writing blogs posts to be published across all of our Show websites
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment; able to meet tight deadlines
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism or English
• Above average communication, writing and editing skills
2+ years of relevant experience
• Experience growing a community
• Strong analytical skills
• Keen eye for compelling creative
• Passion for the Internet with exceptional command of social media platforms and
• Experience using third party platforms to host contests and integrated content on social sites
• Knowledge of html, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
• Knowledge of Google Analytics
• Experience with email
marketing (template creation, compliance) would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest. No phone calls or agencies, please.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Digital Marketing Director, Joanne Carry at JoanneC@mpeshows.com.