If you wish to apply for any of the positions below and are interested in joining this type of organization, please forward your application to the HR department by emailing email@example.com
unless otherwise stated.
EXHIBIT SALES CONSULTANT | VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Current Inside Sales Openings In: We have no job openings at this time. Check back for updates!
Exciting. Challenging. Rewarding. This is the type of career opportunity Marketplace Events offers to our team members. If you thrive in an environment that encourages accountability, creativity, teamwork, relationship building,
customer service and sales excellence, we encourage you to explore becoming a member of our passionate team. Marketplace Events is committed to its vision and values. As an employer, we support employees in finding a work/life balance and recognize
the importance of a vibrant and dynamic work environment.
The position is responsible for selling exhibit space via telephone (primarily) and face-to-face calls (limited). Finding/cultivating new business and managing accounts are also key duties.
- Sell exhibit space in home show(s) via outbound telephone calls and limited face-to-face calls
- Sell add-on advertising/marketing opportunities to your customers
- Make 50-60 sales calls per day to current and prospective clients
- Meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals and related targets
- Work in CRM program; every sales conversation to be documented and all information to be complete/detailed
- Develop and maintain relationships with exhibitors; ensure customer satisfaction and provide excellent service
- Through use of our consumer research, understand our attendee demographic and use this information to help sell in the right exhibitors, as well as help our exhibitors do an optimum job reaching their customers
- Constantly seek out leads for potential exhibitors from every possible source such as advertisements in other media, internet sources, competitive shows, exhibitors from other Marketplace Events shows, association members, etc.
- Constantly build and maintain sales database utilizing existing processes/guidelines for documenting records
- Join relevant professional associations, regularly attend meetings and network with your membership
- Attend all appropriate competitive shows/events and follow-up on leads immediately
- Source local sponsorship leads
- Understand our show features, marketing/promotional plan and utilize this information
- Provide on-site floor management at the show and assist show management with the coordination of the move-in/move-out of the show
- Bring personal energy, enthusiasm and flair as a member of the sales team, willing to put in whatever hours are necessary to get the job done
- Ensure all contracts are signed and space is paid in full on time
- Collection calls as needed
- Travel to company meetings, shows and training
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Abilities:
- 2+ years of proven sales experience required, preferably within a telephone-based, inside sales, outbound calling environment
- College degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation skills required
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines in a team work environment required
- Knowledge of CRM programs is preferred
- Experience in events including home shows is a plus!
- Competitive base salary + monthly commission
- Sponsorship Sales Commission
- Health, dental and vision benefits as well as 401k plan
- Generous paid time off program, four weeks per calendar year
- A high-energy culture that rewards success
This position reports to the Show Manager.
To apply for these opportunities, please submit your cover letter and resume to Terri Higgins, VP, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full Time (Exempt)
Experience: Applicant should meet criteria outlined